Author EIQ just shared a new poem, “The Bonsai.”
Here’s an excerpt of her thoughts on that post:
“I actually started writing this years ago. It used to make me feel full of myself. Not anymore. We’re all whatever we are. We can all feel however we feel. Plus, I do love bonsai.”
Follow the link to her site to read the poem, of course. You’ll also be able to read everything else she had to share on that post. Naturally, I’m always open to feedback here. Would you rather I post the whole poem here, too? A snippet?
Send me your ideas via the Contact Page. Or, find me on Twitter! And, if you have a similar blog or website, share your links. I love to see how other Indies are doing it.
Update for this Third Week of February
Third Week of February, 2021.
Here’s what’s been going on this week:
Phoenix Fire Press
- Updated all the sites
- Added like and share buttons
- Added “follow on WordPress” buttons
- Added Twitter, IG, and goodreads buttons where applicable
- Gathering information for my first post on my journey as a self-publisher
- Shared a new poem: The Bonsai
- Hard at work on the next short story
- Tentatively called, “Best Friends”
- Getting things ready for publishing “The Drive”
- Just uploaded her new release, Wanton at the Wine Festival
- Getting her graphics ready to share the cover, description, and sneak peek on IG
- Working on her Frisky Fridays Flash Fiction post
- Getting her weekend posts ready for IG
- Sexy Saturdays
- Self-Care Sundays
I believe that’s plenty going on, not to mention trying to keep up with social media interactions! Plus, I cannot believe it’s already the third week of February … 2021. Is anyone still writing 2020? I wouldn’t blame you. It felt like the year that would never end.
I’ll be sharing the image and link to E. I. Q.’s new poem over on the Poetry page, as well. That way, even if you miss an update post, you’ll always know where to find them!
I’m working on adding comments. Okay … I’m deciding whether or not to add comments. There’s user data to think about, not to mention spam. I’m not sure it’s something I want to have to manage at this point, to be honest. What do you think? Pop on over to the Contact Page or Twitter and let me know.
Also … yes, I realize it’s already Wednesday. Actually, now it’s Thursday. I fully intend to post these updates on Mondays but the week just slipped out of my hands. That’s part of the challenge of being indie, of course. If you don’t get things done, they simply don’t get done.
New Poem: A Heart on Fire
New poem is up at Author EIQ, “A Heart on Fire.”
Here’s some of what she had to say about it:
“A Heart on Fire is a simple poem about the most difficult topic. So much has been written about Love yet it remains undefined. It can be felt even if it cannot be described. It can be present, even if it goes unrecognized. It’s one of the few things whose store increases by being given away … and it comes in many forms, not just romantic, intimate embraces.”
You can read the whole new poem, “A Heart on Fire,” and the rest of E. I. Q.’s musings by visiting the link above. Literally, every poem, as of now, she’s shared over on her site. You can browse to your heart’s content and read them for free. Or, you can also pick one out from our Poetry page to be redirected instantly. Which image speaks to you? Which title? Connect with us on social media from the menu in the footer and let us know!
Eventually, when she has enough poems up on her site, it’s likely we’ll be publishing a collection of poetry. Partly because it feels like the right thing to do, partly because we have to make room for more poems! How many poems do you think a collection needs? I’m thinking at least 30. At the rate she’s going, we might be able to publish a collection this year! Of course, there’s a lot to do to get a book ready for publication ….
And, don’t worry. I haven’t forgotten. I’m still planning on sharing some insights on my journey as an indie publisher. It’s simply a matter of time, at this point. Because, you know … Life.
“Mornings in Bed,” is the new poem up at Author EIQ! I was absolutely supposed to share this last week and, of course, it slipped out of my juggling hands. Still, you should give it a read.
Second week of February – Here’s what’s going on:
- A new poem will be up tomorrow, “A Heart on Fire,” and I’ll be linking to it on the Poetry Page here, as well.
- EUNUCH has received another 5 star review!
- E. I. Q. has submitted a new interview over at #Great Minds Love to Read
- She’s submitted a new flash fiction story for the Weekly Write #16 contest over at Secret Attic
- Also, she wrote her first review on goodreads which you can check out by visiting her Author Profile until she finishes setting up the Reviews Page on her site
- This girl is hard at work on Book 8 in Caliente Connections, “Brazen at the Boat Show,” which should be ready by Friday … just in time for Valentine’s Day!
- As with every release, she’s busy preparing the content posts for social media: A cover release, a detail post, and a sneak peek post.
- Currently, she’s working on this week’s Frisky Friday Flash Fiction post
- She’s also supporting Indie Authors by adding some KU Romances to her TBR pile for the month. Like E. I. Q., she’ll also be reviewing them on her goodreads Author Profile, and setting up a Reviews Page on her site.
- She’s also got a surprise in store for later this year … but she’ll write that up on her own in due time 😉
Second Week of February … Am I missing anything else?
Oh! What am I doing? Aside from updating this blog with everything authors are doing, I’m also working on a short piece about my experiences as a self-publisher. There is a lot to do beyond the actual creative writing process … which is why I’m also working hard to keep all the social media channels up to date, and networking as I try to build up the reviews for both authors.